Historical General Ledger Migration
The Multi-Dimensional Data Conversion Solution™ (MDCS)
The Multi-Dimensional Data Conversion Solution™ (MDCS) is a platform-independent process for migrating detailed historical data that is currently optimized for QuickBooks® (online and desktop) and other legacy systems.
It offers full dimensional mapping capabilities which allows us to configure the system to any conceivable strategic architecture. The system has proven to be 99.999% accurate in adhering to mapping rules and data integrity on the 1st pass of error detection (error subroutines are customized to your data set).
- Fast: We use proprietary software to migrate all of your detailed GL, AP & AR legacy data in days, not months.
- Flexible: Multi-entity data migration from any legacy system (optimized for QuickBooks).
- Easy: We see an average of 80% reduction in the customer time spent focused on data migration activities.
- Turnkey: Includes auto-templating of the vendor, customer, employee, class, and project import lists and auto-completed data maps.
- ROI: Apply future Sage Intacct® dimensions to historical detailed data, instantly populating dashboards* of key metrics and thereby increasing ROI (*requires configuration by the Implementation Manager).
The MDCS Process
Dimensional mapping – you provide us with all the dimensions that need to be mapped from your legacy software into Sage Intacct® with all the rules and configuration requests you need.
Utility modification and customization – we create a workflow that is specific to your needs.
Presentation of import candidate (exported report – typically a journal report) – we show you the output of your data to a granular level, not just summaries.
Import conversion – we convert our outputs of your data into a usable CSV file in a demo environment.
Error detection and correction – we conduct a quality control check so that you can then verify that no errors have been made (this is done both inside the program before it’s exported and again when it’s in the demo environment).
Sage Intacct® live import – we import your data and also ensure that there are no errors and that implementation is simple and future customization is possible.
We provide a thorough hands-on experience. We are only a call or an email away. We migrate as much or as little data as you want so that you can completely leave your legacy system behind.
- Sage Intacct® Instance
- Ability to export appropriate reports from legacy system
By engaging Platform Transition™ early enough in the Implementation process, we also include the creation and importation of Vendors, Customers, and Employee dimension elements within Sage Intacct® and the associated mapping as a part of our standard offering.